Retirement and pension issues can be complex. NIRS has developed
"Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQ) to help answer retirement and pension
questions of interested parties. The FAQ provides answers key questions such as:
This FAQ is based upon research developed by NIRS
and other respected organizations. Download the full FAQ here.
- What is a pension and how are they funded?
- Why do pensions matter to employers?
- Are pensions more economically efficient than defined contribution plans?
- How do pensions fit into the broader economy?
- How do pensions help Americans achieve retirement readiness?
- What is the macroeconomic effect of expenditures from pension income?
- What effects to do pension investments have on capital markets?
- What are the effects of the economic downturn on pensions?