The National Institute on Retirement Security's Academic Advisory Board works to ensure NIRS research continues to meet the highest standards. Members include the following experts in the fields of retirement policy, economics, law, and actuarial science:
NIRS appreciates the commitment of these national experts to its retirement research program. Drawing on the Academic Advisory Board’s deep experience and wealth of perspectives further strengthens NIRS’ research and enhances the organization’s ability to contribute pragmatic policy solutions for overcoming the retirement crisis in America.
- Dr. Brad M. Barber, PhD, Professor of Finance, Graduate School of Management and Director, Center for Investor Welfare and Corporate Responsibility, University of California Davis
- Mr. Ron Gebhardtsbauer, FSA, MAAA, Faculty-in-Charge, Actuarial Science Program, Smeal College of Business, Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Teresa Ghilarducci, PhD, Irene and Bernard L. Schwartz Professor of Economics, Director, Bernard Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis, New School for Social Research
- Dr. Jacob S. Hacker, PhD, Stanley B. Resor Professor of Political Science at Yale University, and a Resident Fellow at the Institution for Social and Policy Studies. He is also a Fellow at the New America Foundation in Washington, D.C., and a former Junior Fellow of the Harvard Society of Fellows.
- Dean Regina T. Jefferson, JD, LLM, Professor of Law, Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America
- Dr. Alicia H. Munnell, PhD, Peter F. Drucker Professor of Management Sciences, Carroll School of Management, Director, Center for Retirement Research, Boston College
- Dr. Jeffrey B. Wenger, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Public Administration and Policy, University of Georgia.