We’re Hiring for a Manager of Research!
- Develop NIRS research agenda, working with the executive director.
- Manage research program to ensure timely deliverables.
- Author/coauthor research reports on key retirement security issues, collecting and analyzing data.
- Develop and maintain relationships with retirement policy experts, especially among other researchers in academia, think tanks and retirement systems.
- Identify and coordinate with outside researchers and/or partners to develop project proposals and assist in formulation of grant proposals.
- Respond to media inquiries, prepare commentary and generate fact checks regarding research.
- Coordinate project management for NIRS research projects by overseeing the main production calendar, including timelines and tasks.
- Oversee report production including design and distribution to ensure research agenda completed in accordance with research schedule and budget.
- Provide technical assistance to NIRS members on retirement research and policy.
- Collaborate with NIRS Membership and Communications staff on strategic issues.
- Working with Executive Director, help coordinate the agenda and speakers for annual policy conference and Visionary Member meeting.
- Support NIRS’ Executive Director in role as a spokesperson for NIRS on retirement security research, including speaking at events and with news media.
- Requires advanced degree preferably in economics, finance, public policy or other relevant field and three to five years of relevant experience.
- Strong research and analytic skills, including proficiency with statistical software and retirement research databases
- Knowledge of retirement security issues and public policy process.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of external contacts.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, pay sharp attention to detail, adjust to changing circumstances, think strategically, organize time efficiently and work in a collaborative fashion with small team.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com.