In an effort to keep retirement leaders informed during the COVID-19 crisis, we are hosting a new series of webinars with timely, relevant information on the economy and retirement. Each webinar is listed below, and we invite you to register at no charge.
**Please note that upcoming webinars and replays regarding NIRS reports can be found on each report’s research page.
- Wednesday, June 3rd at 11:00 AM ET | Join us for a webinar with Baillie Gifford, where experts will provide an update on COVID-19 and learnings from other countries’ responses. The session also will provide an update on the current economic situation, the impact on financial markets, and the current investment environment.
- Thursday, April 9th at 2:00 PM ET | Listen/watch a webinar replay and review the presentation of a session with Ronald Temple, Managing Director and Co-Head of Multi-Asset and Head of US Equity, with Lazard Asset Management. He discussed the economic and market implications of the COVID-19 pandemic. and key issues facing investors as we navigate this unprecedented public health and economic crisis.
- Thursday, April 16th at 1:00 PM ET | Listen/watch a webinar replay and review the presentation with Jim McDonald, chief investment strategist, and Erick Noensie, Ph.D., senior healtcare analyst, with Northern Trust Asset Management on the coronavirus and market volatility. Market fluctuations are triggering key questions for investors about the progression of coronavirus, portfolio re-balancing, growth considerations, interest rates and market risks.
- Tuesday, April 21st at 12:00 PM ET | Listen/watch a webinar replay and review the presentation by Aon on recent research, The Real Deal: Measuring Retirement Income Adequacy. This research offers insight into the overall retirement readiness of U.S. workers and provides a benchmark for employers as they measure the effectiveness and sufficiency of their programs, an issue that is garnering increased attention during the COVID-19 economic crisis. During the session, we will discussed the resources that are needed to generate a secure retirement and how these targets are changing over time.
- Wednesday, May 20th at 2:00 PM ET | Listen/watch a webinar replay and review a presentation about progress on state sponsored retirement savings plans in Illinois and California. Many states are setting up these plans to establish retirement accounts for workers without employer plans to improve retirement readiness. During the session, you will learn about progress with the roll-out of these innovative retirement plans and hear about the process for starting a state-wide retirement savings program.
- Thursday, May 28th at 2:00 PM ET | Listen/watch a webinar replay and review a presentation by experts from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. They present and discuss various studies—some reflecting the effect of the pandemic—related to overall household financial stability and retirement security. Who was thriving and struggling before the pandemic? Which families will have economic resilience during the pandemic, and which will not? Are particular demographic groups more at risk than others? What are some paths forward? Participants will also have an opportunity to ask questions and engage with the experts.