The National Institute on Retirement Security held its 14th Annual Retirement Policy Conference, Progress Amid Turbulence: Building Towards a Secure Retirement, on Monday, February 27 and Tuesday, February 28, 2023, at the Park Hyatt in Washington, D.C.
This exclusive members-only event kicked off with an opening reception on Monday, February 27, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM at The Park Hyatt Washington, located at 1201 24th Street N.W., in Washington, D.C. The conference will continue on Tuesday, February 28, from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
Assistant Secretary of Labor Lisa Gomez delivered remarks at conference, and Jared Gross, Managing Director for JP Morgan Asset Management, delivered the opening keynote, Is it Time to Reopen Pension Plans?.
The conference included a full roster of retirement experts and key policy topics. We also took a deep dive on the newly-enacted Secure 2.0 legislation in terms of its expected benefits and shortfalls. Read the conference program.
Speaker conference presentation/resources:
- Ilana Boivie, Senior Research Economist, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Download.
- Jared Gross, Head of Institutional Portfolio Strategy, JP Morgan Asset Management. Download.
- Stephen McCourt, Managing Principal/Co-CEO, Meketa Investment Group. Dowload.
- Nari Rhee, Director, Retirement Security Program, UC Berkeley Labor Center. Download.
- Jason Russell, Senior Vice President and Actuary, East Region Retirement Practice Leader, The Segal Group. Download.
As always, attendance at the conference was exclusive to NIRS members and special invited guests. There is no charge for members and invited guests to attend as the cost is included in the annual membership dues. If you’re not a member but want to be a part of this important retirement policy conversation and networking, we invite you to learn about NIRS membership.