On February 26-27, 2018, NIRS held its Ninth Annual Retirement Policy Conference, Refocusing Retirement: Taking the Long View, in Washington, DC.
Access video of the conference here!
At the conference, we examined the issues like Americans’ views of the retirement crisis; rethinking retirement in a changing political landscape; and creating a bipartisan plan to ensure retirement security for Americans.
Watch videos of the conference on Youtube here!
Download conference materials:
- Program & Agenda
- NEW Research Report – Millennials and Retirement: Already Falling Short
- Research Report Presentation
- Attendee List
- Conference Photos
The conference featured distinguished thought leaders including:
- Dr. Kate Bahn, Economist, Washington Center for Equitable Growth
- Ken Bertsch, Executive Director, Council of Institutional Investors
- Jennifer Brown, Manager of Research, National Institute on Retirement Security: Download the presentation here
- Alfred Campos, Director, NRTA: AARP’s Educator Community
- Owen Davies, Pension Transformation Global Managing Director, Accenture: Download the presentation here
- Stacey Dion, Managing Director, External Affairs Group, The Carlyle Group
- Honorable Gene Dodaro, Comptroller General, U.S. Government Accountability Office
- William (Flick) Fornia, FSA, Founder, Pension Trustee Advisors: Download the presentation here
- Michael Hairston, Senior Pension Specialist, National Education Association: Download the presentation here
- Kathleen Johnson, Vice President, Pershing, a BNY Mellon company
- Thomas (Tom) Lee, Chief Investment Officer and Executive Director, New York State Teachers’ Retirement System: Download the presentation here
- Mark Miller, Journalist and Author, Reuters
- Helaine Olen, Journalist
- Honorable Peter Orszag, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Lazard Freres & Co LLC: Download the presentation here
- Ronald D. Peyton, Executive Chairman, Callan
- Akio Tagawa, Principal, Linea Solutions: Download the presentation here
- Samantha Vargas Poppe, Associate Director, Policy Analysis Center, UnidosUS
- Dr. Christian E. Weller, Professor, University of Massachusetts Boston: Download the presentation here